This rich, chocolatey spread tastes like the inside of a chocolate truffle, with just the right amount of sweet cocoa flavor and smooth, spreadable texture to make it the perfect addition to almost anything.
- Two 13.2-ounce plastic jars
- Contains milk, soy
- Stir before enjoying
- Product of Canada
- An Amazon brand
No Artificial Colors or Flavors
It may seem like we’re spreading on pretty thick our love for these spreads. We can’t help it though—we LOVE them. They’re chocolatey. They’re creamy. They’re smooth. And Wickedly Prime Cocoa Truffle Spreads are free of artificial colors and flavors, and synthetic preservatives–so you can get right to the richness. We encourage you to spread it on anything pretty thick, and spread the word, too.
Try-at-Home Recipe: Cocoa Truffle Twists
For this recipe, you dough or you don’t–either way, we promise equally delicious results. Skip to the fourth step if using store-bought dough.
1. Sift together flour and salt in a large bowl. Coarsely grate frozen butter into flour and add 5 tablespoons of ice water. Mix with a fork until incorporated. Add another tablespoon of water if needed to bring mixture together. Form mixture into a 5-inch square, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill dough until firm for about 30 minutes.
2. Roll out dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 15- by 8-inch rectangle. Arrange dough with a short side nearest you, then fold dough into thirds like a letter: Bottom third up, then top third down. Rewrap dough and chill until firm for about 30 minutes.
3. On a floured surface, arrange dough with a short side nearest you. Repeat rolling outward, folding and chilling two more times. Brush off any excess flour, then wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
4. Roll your sheet of pastry dough into 9- by 12-inch rectangle. Cut in half vertically, spreading chocolate truffle sauce on both sides. Add pecans and sandwich the two pieces together.
5. Cut ½-inch pieces vertically. Twist the pieces and roll in sugar.
6. Bake at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The best flavors on earth start with the best ingredients! I ordered this expecting it to be a Nutella knockoff, but this is actually entirely different. Nevertheless Amazon took a swipe at them by pointing out that its palm oil free. It also has real sugar – not high fructose corn syrup. Plus these are free of artificial colors and flavors, and synthetic preservatives.
I welcome my Amazon overlords as long as they continue to do good things like this spread!
Smooth and creamy, this is full of rich, chocolately flavor in a somewhat fluffy spread.
This spread is almost exactly the same as the previous, except it also includes natural caramel flavoring plus sea salt for a touch of contrast between the flavors. Surprisingly the salt doesn’t dissolve and you’ll find a bit of crunch in here.
These spreads are really more like a dip, with a soft drippy consistency. That makes them excellent for spreading, but more than a bit messy. One thing to note – these spreads aren’t designed to be refrigerated, so we strongly suggest not dipping food straight into the jar.
A little of these spreads goes a really long way, and the jar should last a long time! We liked both variations of this spread, but our children preferred it plain, while the adults liked the depth of flavor and variety of the caramel spread.
We tested the spread out on crepes, and it worked perfectly!
Yum! I also dipped some churro treats from a Snack Fever box into the spread, and it was perfection! We picked up some frozen churros this week from Trader Joe’s to keep on testing out all the things we can do with it!
Since we purchased these, Amazon has also launched a line of soups and seaweed snacks! The non-Prime Pantry quantities of the Wickedly Prime items are really too much for us, but we like Prime Pantry for replenishing the kids’ lunch snack drawer and for other basics we forget at the store!
SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (INTERESTERIFIED SUNFLOWER OIL, INTERESTERIFIED COCONUT OIL, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN), COCOA POWDER (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), WHEY POWDER (MILK), SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA EXTRACT.
CONTAINS: MILK, SOY.
MADE IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES TREE NUTS, PEANUTS, AND EGG.
Stir before enjoying. Do not refrigerate.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.